Monday, June 2, 2014

Wake-Up Call

I normally don't post doom and gloom messages, and I really don't think this one is, but the idea isn't all roses...

A colleague of mine was cleaning off her computer and ran across a picture of my son:


Anything strike you about it, other than how dashing and debonair he is? How about the fact that it pinpointed the location of where I took the picture, i.e. our street?!

Crazy.

What's even more crazy is that I train people on best practices for tech all the time and I wasn't even practicing what I preach! 

So, for those of you who are using iDevices to create and share media with student images, you may want to check those privacy settings on the device.

Here's how to disable location services for photos on your iDevice:






  • Tap Settings
  • Tap Location Services
  • Switch Camera to the OFF position

Don't be paranoid or anything, but don't be careless either. Knowledge is power, and as Uncle Ben from Spider-Man said, "With great power comes great responsibility!"


No comments:

Post a Comment