What does this mean??? Well, it started just last year in 2012 with an entire month of webinars, blog posts, ideas, discussions and more all about increasing the importance of educators being connected. You can read more about it on the official website.
Here is a great video that shows interviews of educators who describe the importance of being connected: http://youtu.be/K4Vd4JP_DB8
If you are already a connected educator or if you are wanting to dig in a little more, make sure to follow the hashtag #ce13 on Twitter to see the amazing month long discussions happening RIGHT NOW!
Here is a plethora of resources, or gems of greatness some might say, that are all about being a connected educator and collected via Twitter. Check them out and join the discussion!
- 5 Tips for New Teachers to Become Connected Educators
- 6 Tools for Connected Educators
- 10 Reasons to be a Connected Educator
- 10 Tips for Becoming a Connected Educator
- Ok, I'm Connected. Now What?
- Connect Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself
Also, be sure you don't miss the events calendar for a listing of upcoming, ongoing, and past event that might interest you as a connected educator.